A roof replacement is a precisely engineered system installed by trained Dunedin, FL roofers, like Arry’s Roofing Services. As a GAF Master Elite™ contractor, we’ll give you a glimpse of GAF’s Lifetime Roofing System in today’s post.
Preparation begins with stripping the old roofing down to the plywood roof deck so we can assess the deck’s condition and conduct any necessary repairs. We will clean the roof deck thoroughly to prevent moisture and dust from weakening the adhesives or rotting the plywood.
GAF Lifetime Roofing System Installation
Once the pre-installation preparations are complete, we can install your new roofing in Palm Harbor. Here are the components of the installation:
- Leak barrier: This self-adhering, waterproof membrane seals the most vulnerable areas of your roof: peaks, joints, and roof edges.
- Roof deck protection: Also known as roofing felts or underlayment, your roof deck protection covers most of the roof deck and protects it from wind-driven rain. GAF’s Deck Armor™ is a breathable protection option designed to allow moisture on the roof deck dry completely, without letting any back in.
- Starter strips: This is the first row of shingles that we install at the eaves. Traditional starter strips are no different from the rest your roofing shingles, making them vulnerable to strong winds. GAF, however, manufactures several starter strip options with special adhesives for protection against blow-offs. QuickStart® starter shingles are made in roll form, making it much easier to install long runs of starter shingles.
- Shingles: We then install the main layer of shingles from bottom to top. Each member of our team is fully trained and certified by GAF. We rigorously adhere to prescribed installation techniques for each material to ensure accuracy.
- Ridge vents: These are specially designed strips installed at the roof peaks. They vent heat from the attic vent to maintain a comfortable indoor temperature.
- Ridge caps: Finally, we put matching ridge cap shingles over the ridge vents and hips to create a complete seal. Traditional ridges are covered by cut-up shingles, but GAF manufactures specially designed ridge cap shingles for maximum roof performance.
The GAF Lifetime Roofing System is the result of years of research and development, resulting in long-term benefits for homeowners. To learn how we can assist with Tampa roof repair or replacement, call us at (727) 362-2230. You can also fill out our contact form.