As mentioned in the previous article https://www.arrysroofing.com/blog/gutters-extend-roof-life-part-1-proper-maintenance-is-key/, the gutter system is an important part of your roofing in Tarpon Springs FL. To ensure your roof’s long life performance, here are some tips on how to clean and/or repair gutters:
Keeping Your Gutters Clean
● Cleaning the gutters is going to be messy and can even be dangerous. Wear gloves, dust mask, and safety goggles before starting. Ensure the ladder is stable and well-footed at all times to avoid accidents. Use a stabilizer to keep the ladder from denting your gutters.
● Scoop out loose debris into a garbage bag using a garden trowel. Rinse toward the downspout with a high-pressure nozzle on your hose and scrub it clean.
● Clear the downspouts with a hose or auger. If water doesn’t drain freely through the drainpipes, try flushing the debris down them with a hose. You can also put in leaf strainers at the drain tops to avoid clogs.
Maintaining Your Gutters
● Inspect and clean gutters at least twice a year, preferably during spring and fall when the weather is relatively calmer.
● Look out for rust, flaking, or peeling paint, and check for leaks.
● Make sure the gutters are fixed tightly to the fascia boards. Check the fascia boards themselves for dry rot or other damage.
If you don’t have the time or you’d rather someone else clean your gutters, call our Tarpon Springs roofing experts at Arry’s Roofing Services Inc. We offer professional roofing and gutter services in New Port Richey, Port Richey, Palm Harbor, Clearwater, St Petersburg / St. Pete, Tampa, Safety Harbor, Trinity, Tarpon Springs, New Tampa, South Tampa.
Call us today for more details.