Metal Roofing Systems in the Tampa – St. Pete Area
Metal roofs are growing in popularity thanks to their durability, aesthetic appeal and unsurpassed protection against the elements. Arry’s Roofing is the Tampa metal roofing specialist who can design and install a metal roof that is technologically innovative, durable, beautiful, and lasts a lifetime.
Arry’s Roofing specializes in metal roofing Tampa area homes and businesses. We have a full sheet metal shop with a highly specialized metal roofing crew that only installs metal roofing systems. Most people still think of the traditional asphalt shingle roof as the “obvious” choice. While asphalt is certainly not a bad option, there are several advantages to choosing metal as your roofing system.
- Metal Roofs are Technologically Innovative. We put our materials and designs to the test every day. We have a proven history of staying on the leading edge of residential metal roofing. Our intricately detailed installations and products are well respected as leading the industry in terms of beauty.
- Metal Roofs are Durable and Strong. During hurricane season here in Florida, you really want to have a roof covering on your home that can withstand some very strong winds. Metal roofing systems have passed wind and uplift tests that are rigorously demanding, testing roofing materials simulating wind speeds over 150 miles per hour. Metal roofing systems also lead the way in fire protection for your home. Because of your metal roof having that extra strength (and resistance to fire), you may be able to qualify for lower premiums on your homeowner’s insurance. Check with your insurance agent for information.
- Metal Roofs are Beautiful. Metal roofing systems carry valuable and meaningful warranties against fading, chipping, chalking, and rusting. A metal roof comes in lasting colors and themes that will fit a myriad of tastes and styles, ranging from vertical panels, or metal shingles that resemble slate, tile or even wood. The long life and extra protection of a metal roof not only protects but enhances the beauty and value of your home.
- Metal Roofs are Virtually Maintenance-Free. Most roofs will require some combination of maintenance or repair over their lifetime. Not so with a metal roof. No maintenance means no hassle and no ongoing expense. Of course, there are rare exceptions, such as hail, which can dent the metal.
- Metal Roofing Last a Lifetime. In fact, there have been known cases of the roof outlasting the home itself. When you compare metal roofing that lasts 50 years or more with asphalt shingles that last maybe 10-20 years, you can see why the cost is higher for metal. But you recover that investment in the long run by not having to replace your roof every 15 years.
- Metal Roofing is Energy-Efficient. This is a significant factor here in Florida, where the sun is relentless much of the year. It is common for temperatures in your attic to go well above 100 degrees. When your home has a metal roof, it will actually reflect a good percentage of that radiant energy coming from the sun. The roof will also have its own built-in venting system. All of this means that your attic doesn’t get as hot, so your home’s AC system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your living area at a comfortable temperature. That translates to lower electricity costs.
- A Metal Roof Adds Value to Your Home. Most people don’t stay in a home for 50 years.If you think you might sell your home and move within the next decade or two, a metal roof will be a big selling point. The new buyer will know that the roof won’t need to be replaced for a long time.
When we are discussing metal roofing Tampa as an option with a customer, the question of noise almost always comes up. There is a common notion that a roof made of metal will create a cacophony of noise inside the house when it rains. This is a misconception. There are several levels of materials between the top side of the roof and the inside of the house – radiant barriers, dense foam board, the wood roof deck itself, and then your attic insulation. When it’s raining, you will not hear the raindrops hitting the roof.
Metal Roofing: The Most Reliable Options in Today’s Market
Given the benefits that metal roofing offers, it’s not at all surprising for home and property owners to want to install them in their homes or buildings. However, before you begin, you first need to know the options available for you to choose from. Indeed, there are a number of them on the market, each offering unique sets of advantages.
Here are the top metal roofing options that we at Arry’s Roofing recommend for different applications. Check out what each of them can bring to the table.
Vertical Seam Panels
If you want a roof that can give your property a modern and exquisite look while letting you benefit from its durability and longevity, then vertical seam panels, also known as standing-seam metal roofing, could perfectly meet your needs.
Vertical seam metal roofing features vertical metal panels that typically run from the roof’s ridge all the way to the eaves. The upturned edges of the metal panels create a noticeable vertical line; hence the name “standing-seam.”
Arry’s Roofing offers vertical seam panels with concealed or exposed fasteners. Here are some of the benefits that both types offer:
- Weathertight roofing system
- Highly durable
- Outstanding fire-resistance rating
Concealed fastener metal roof system is one of the most aesthetically pleasing types of standing-seam metal roofs. They can be utilized in residential, commercial, or architectural applications.
As the name suggests, this is a hidden-screw system. Not only do they look good and streamlined – they are also very economical, safe, durable, and energy-efficient. They also require little to no maintenance.
Arry’s Roofing offers concealed fastener metal roofs from GulfCoast, as well as CLASSIC’s ClickLock. These metal roofs offer the following benefits:
- They are available in fade-resistant colors
- Concealed fasteners and screws allow for a clean and tailored look
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Strong and durable
Steel and aluminum metal panel roofing with exposed fasteners have been popular choices for agricultural and industrial buildings for decades. But over the years, they have slowly made their way into the residential application arena. This is primarily due to their longevity, as they last longer than other common roofing materials like asphalt shingles.
Basically, exposed fastener metal roofing is the opposite of concealed fastener metal roofing. When carefully and properly installed, an exposed fastener metal roof system will be weather- and waterproof.
Exposed fastener metal roofs provide the following advantages:
- Quicker installation compared to concealed fastener metal roofs
- Available in a variety of roof panel options
- Generally cost-effectivePainted Profile Shape Metal Roofing
Painted Profile Shape Metal Roofing
If you want the durability and cost efficiency of metal roofing but want the appearance of shingles, tiles, and shakes, there’s no need to worry. Thanks to today’s product design and manufacture advancements and technologies, you can now get metal roofs that are not only pre-painted but also come in a variety of profiles and shapes.
Arry’s Roofing offers painted profile shape metal roofs from CLASSIC and Kasselwood.
- Shingle Profiles – For the shingle profile, we offer CLASSIC’s Oxford Shingle and Slate Rock Oxford. These offer the look of composition shingles, but with the benefits of metal roofing. Asphalt or fiberglass composition shingles, although slated to last up to 20 years, typically only last up to 15 years or less. On the other hand, their metal roof counterparts can last practically a lifetime.
- Tile Profiles – If you want the Mediterranean appeal of tile roofs, we recommend CLASSIC’s GrandeTile. They give an elegant barrel tile look, giving an appeal that ranges from historic to contemporary. Although CLASSIC’s GrandeTiles mimic the look of roof tiles, they do not weigh as much. They are energy-efficient, too.
- Shake Profiles – For those who want the rugged appeal of wood shakes, we offer KasselWood steel roofs and CLASSIC Rustic Shingles. These can give your home the rustic and homey appeal of wood shakes, without having you worry about rot, decay, and fire susceptibility.
Stone-Coated Metal Roofing
Want the ultimate durability, longevity, and value? Consider installing stone-coated metal roofing. They offer the classic aesthetics of the most common roofing types without the premium cost and maintenance requirements that typically come with them.
As the term suggests, stone-coated metal roofing is a type of metal roof reinforced with special coatings derived from stone or concrete. This makes these roofs extra durable.
Arry’s Roofing specializes in the installation of Gerard stone-coated metal roofing products. These come in four stunning profiles: the classic Tile, the wood-shake-like Canyon Shake Tile, the barrel-style Barrel Vault Tile, and the shingle-like Granite Ridge Shingles.
Some of the benefits of this type of metal roofing include:
- Extensive warranties
- Can withstand winds up to 170 mph
- Requires little to no maintenance
- 100% recyclable
If you want to learn more about these outstanding metal roofing options, we’re only a call away! Our roofing specialists will be more than happy to discuss more details about these metal roofing types and what they can do for your home or building.
Arry’s Expertise in Metal Roofing Mentioned in the St. Petersburg Times
When the St. Petersburg Times wanted to write a story about the benefits of metal roofing, they contacted us. We provided them with useful information and we pointed out some beautiful installations to their photographer. Read the Times article.
Give us a call so we can discuss all of the options with you and provide you with a free estimate. We offer professional metal roof installations in: New Port Richey, Port Richey, Palm Harbor, Clearwater, St Petersburg / St. Pete, Tampa, Safety Harbor, Trinity, Tarpon Springs, New Tampa, South Tampa, and many other communities.
Get a Free Proposal & Estimate
Call Arry’s Roofing today at (727) 938-9565 to schedule a Free Proposal & Estimate.