How Long Does a Modified Bitumen Roof Last?
Modified bitumen roofs are preferred by many commercial building owners and residents due to their versatility, durability, and easy maintenance. If you’re interested in a modified bitumen roof, you’re probably wondering how long this kind of roofing system lasts. Fortunately, the experts at Arry’s Roofing are here to tell you all you need to know about modified bitumen roofs, including how long they last, what they’re made of, and more.
The Lifespan of a Modified Bitumen Roof
Modified bitumen roofing systems have a lifespan of about 20 years. It’s important to note that these roofing systems require very little maintenance, and with proper cleaning and attention to any necessary repairs, modified bitumen roofs can actually last for much longer.
What Are Modified Bitumen Roofs Made of?
Modified bitumen roofing systems are asphalt-based and are designed for buildings with low-slope or flat roof structures. They are resistant to harsh exposure to extreme environmental elements, thanks to their five-layer system, which consists of:
- Insulation that provides thermal resistance and maintains the temperature of the roofing system
- Modified base sheets or plies
- Factory fabricated bitumen membranes made up of co-polymer reinforced with polyester or fiberglass
- Waterproof adhesive that can be applied either hot or cold
- Special surfacing that provides UV protection and weathering resistance
What Are the Benefits of Modified Bitumen Roofing?
There are several reasons modified bitumen roofs are a popular system for flat and low-slope roofs, such as:
- Tear resistance – Modified bitumen roofs are resistant to tears from weathering, debris, and consistent foot traffic thanks to its durability and tensile strength.
- Waterproofing – These roofing systems offer some of the best waterproofing on the market due to their multiple layers.
- Energy efficiency – There are types of modified bitumen that can provide UV protection and reflect the sun’s rays, which can help maintain the temperature of your home and lower energy costs.
- Simple maintenance – These roofing systems are known to be easy to maintain, with tears and leaks being simple to repair without breaking the bank.
Interested in a Modified Bitumen Roof? Trust the Experts
To install or repair a modified bitumen roof for your home, business, or commercial building, there is only one company worth your time—Arry’s Roofing. Founded in 1990, we’ve been a trusted source for quality roofing services, installations, repairs, and inspections. Whether you’re a homeowner looking to get their house back in shape or businessowner wanting to upgrade the look and functionality of your building’s roof, we have a service that is right for you. Our extensive roofing experience is made clear through our status as a GAF Master Select Contractor, our multiple GAF Consumer Protection awards and GAF President’s Club awards. We also maintain a consistent A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
If you want to learn about our modified bitumen roofing systems, or any of our other products and services, contact Arry’s Roofing today and we’ll be happy to schedule a free consultation.