You’ll want to make the most of your roof system, and its installation is essential to that. An expertly installed roof lasts longer and protects your home better. It also reduces the potential for serious problems in the future. For this reason, make sure that you have know about some common errors that could occur during your roof installation.
To maintain a sturdy and well-functioning roof for your home, Arry’s Roofing, the top provider of asphalt, tile, and metal roofing in Tampa, FL, suggests you avoid these five common roofing mistakes.
1. Mismatched Shingles—Make sure that your roofing contractor consistently gets shingles from the same supplier. Batches of shingles that come from different places will have slight variations in color, resulting in an uneven-looking roof. That’s why it’s essential to confirm that the shingles you’re using are matched sets.
2. Poorly Ventilated Attic—Your roof is a complex system of components that work together for your home’s lasting protection and performance. This includes its ventilation system, which expels heat buildup in your attic. If this component isn’t performing up to standards, the excessive heat in your attic can wear away at the roofing materials above. The resulting moisture can also encourage mold growth. Make sure that your roofer installs an excellent ventilation system. This helps extend your roof’s lifespan, keeps your interiors comfortable, and reduces your energy costs.
3. Installing a New Roof over the Old One—Before starting work on your roof replacement, tear off the existing system. This prevents the additional weight of the newer shingles from weakening your home’s structure. This way, your new roof won’t inherit the problems of your old one.
4. Not Applying for a Building Permit—Large projects, especially if it involves your roof, require the applicable building permits. These exist for your safety and protection; non-compliance can result in fines and forced removal of your new roof.
5. Hiring an Unreliable Roofer—Even the best roofing systems fail without an expert roofing contractor to install them. That’s why you need to hire one that can provide the quality service your home deserves. Arry’s Roofing is the GAF Master Elite™ roofing contractor that homeowners trust for their roofing needs. We have the necessary skills and experience to install a variety of roof systems, including a metal roof in Tampa. With our professional installers and high-end materials covered by solid warranties, we’ll help you make the most of your roof project.
You can avoid these common roof mistakes when you turn to Arry’s Roofing. Fill out our form today for a free estimate.